Monday, August 27, 2007

6/17/07

I slept in today. I still woke up between 9 and 10 though. It is still sleeping in considering the past few days. Virginia was gone from the flat going to see Windsor Castle. That left me all by myself. It felt really good now to go at my own pace and do whatever! I got my things together and I went to see the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace at 11:30. That didn't happen though. So I still saw the palace and what not. Pretty neat. It seems like a White House to me, being one of the tourists taking pictures of a building that you're not allowed 100 yards near. Yeah.
I walked through Green Park which was quiet and peaceful. I got to Hyde Park Corner and walked about the huge lake which contained many different types of birds and ducks. I walked along the lake seeing everybody out and about since it was such a gorgeous day. I sat down, and started sketching people around.
I saw the Princess Diana Memorialthen on the other side of the lake. It was a cool fountain that was shaped like a doughnut on an angle from the ground. There were ridges in it that the water flowed up and down over it around in the doughnut. The fountain screamed for people to soak their feet in. There guards however that prevented this from happening. They yelled at people who were walking on the fountain or had their feet int it. What's the point of the fountain then if you can't be in it? It was designed that way I believe!
Anyhow, I walked up to the other end of Hyde Park, and found the Central Line tube. I took it to Covent Garden where I started drawing people around me. I even got paid by 2 teens from Sweden for drawing them! I found it quite amausing. At the end of the day, I went back and worked on my sketchbook some more until I fell asleep. People came backthat night from Edinburgh and Amsterdam. Fun times.

No comments: